This month, we are supporting “Make Holidays Greener” - an awareness campaign launched two years ago to engage local people, Tour Operators and you, our customers with the idea of ‘greener’ holidays.
The campaign’s main focus is to encourage everyone to do just one thing when they next go on holiday which will help benefit local people and protect the environment in their holiday destinations.
Some of the easiest ways that you can have a positive impact on a local community is by enjoying food and drinks in locally-owned restaurants and purchasing locally and sustainably-made souvenirs. These simple things ensure your holiday is more ‘green’ and will provide an authentic and memorable experience as a result.
Greener holidays mean great holidays, they aren't just about eco-trips or camping in the wilderness...they're about the little things that everyone can do whilst away, whatever type of holiday you go on!
Greener holidays mean that you have a great experience, local communities can earn a living from tourism, and that wildlife and the natural environment are protected, so that future generations can enjoy their holidays too.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and find out what we’re doing here at “Cosmos Holidays” in support of the campaign and visit the www.makeholidaysgreener.org.uk website for tips, advice and a chance to win a green holiday.
Check out our Top 5 Travel Tips for this weeks destinations "Portugal, Italy & Mainland Spain" below:
1. Use public transport where you can, alternatively hire a push bike or walk.
2. Recycle your books and magazines or just leave them in the hotel reception for the next guests.
3. Use rechargeable batteries – this will reduce toxic waste, help the environment and save you money!
4. Book excursions through Cosmos, as we use local agents and guides; this ensures local people benefit from tourism.
5. Experience the local cuisine – gaining an insight into the culture of the area and support the local economy.
For our destination of the week Click Here!