1st/2nd Line Support
Reporting to: IT Manager
Date created: 11 April 2019
Application deadline: 29 April 2019
Cosmos Tours Ltd is associated with the Globus Family of Brands, an international travel company with over 80 years experience of providing touring holidays. The UK arm of the company started trading in 1961 and offers a fantastic choice of escorted tours, river and ocean cruises, multi-center holidays and rail journeys from countries all over the world. Our holiday brands are Cosmos Tours & Cruises (www.cosmostoursandcruises.co.uk) and luxury river cruise operator, Avalon Waterways (www.avaloncruises.co.uk).
Aim of the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for an IT professional with Microsoft skills to join a small, but focused, team based in Bromley. As Infrastructure support you will work predominately at 1st and 2nd line levels providing support and expertise to maintain their UK IT infrastructure. As well as providing support you would also have the opportunity to get involved and take ownership of IT Infrastructure projects and deliver solutions.
Areas of Responsibility
- Reporting to the IT Manager, you will work closely with other infrastructure engineers to ensure a first class service is provided to internal customers.
You must be able to demonstrate proven abilities in the installation and support of a variety of IT systems. It is also essential to have working knowledge and practical experience in some of the following:
- Managing the Helpdesk call logging system, Inc. logging, responding, fixing, closing, managing call queues.
- Windows 8.1 / 10, Thin Client and RDS systems
- Microsoft Office 356
- Microsoft Active Directory - Security and administration inc. GPO management
- Email delegation and shared access control
- Remote desktop connection and support
- Support of server and networking hardware issues
- Backup and restore software and processes
- Basic network knowledge and understanding
- Understanding of VMware
- An intuitive and methodical approach to diagnose hardware and software faults in desktop PC’s, printers and laptop devices
- Excellent Telephone and face-2-face communication skills
Skills, Behaviours and Experience
To be considered for this opportunity you must possess:
- At least 1 years’ experience working in the IT department
- Excellent technical and communication skills
- Approachable and friendly manner
- A can-do attitude with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and manage own time effectively
- Previous experience working in an IT infrastructure/Helpdesk role
- Experience in problem solving
- Able to project manage a new solution from investigation through to implementation.
- Be able to communicate with Technical 3rd parties for discovery, implementation and fault finding processes
- Excellent communication skills, including oral and written communication, plus presentation skills.
- Be resilient and able to work well under pressure, prioritise a diverse workload and work both reactively and pro-actively.
- Able to work on own initiative and have a flexible, creative and positive approach to work.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve problems.
- Good time management and prioritisation.
- Would like to progress and develop their IT career further.