Customer Care Executive
The Customer Experience area includes all business units that interact directly with customers and/or the customer’s travel agent to answer inquiries and resolve problems.
The work group
The Customer Care work group is responsible for questions from travellers and/or travel agents needing assistance during and after the tour in order to ensure customer satisfaction and to influence product loyalty.
Customer Care is responsible for the following results:
- Influencing product loyalty by listening and acknowledging the needs and concerns of the customer; building trust and reducing fears; efficiently and effectively resolving issues.
- Identifying trends and quality issues by collecting and analyzing information
- Balancing customer retention goals with company budget guidelines by tracking problem resolution costs.
- Handling inbound and outbound calls relating to on tour or post tour inquiries.
- Working in a care and concern capacity during incidents
- Contributing to a team effort by accomplishing related results or projects as needed.
- Assisting with departmental and intra-departmental projects that will impact Customer Care.
- Identifying barriers to productivity and efficiency in the workgroup and recommending possible solutions.
- Proactively look for improvements to processes.
- Coordinating and processing all travel arrangements in conjunction with Bromley staff benefits
- Guardian of the operational relationship with DDS to ensure they are providing the best possible customer experience and ensure regular operational calls are in place to resolve any escalated issues and push forward automation
- Ensure changes to customer’s holidays (including itinerary and hotel changes) are communicated in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Monitor world events and operational disruption via internal and external (ABTA, BBC and Sky Alerts) sources for any potential impact to customer’s holidays
- Manage the refund process for bookings ensuring all 3rd party refunds are secured and liaise with suppliers for any waivers where appropriate
- Manage any required river and cruise processes via API connectors or standard booking processes
- Ensure that all incoming emails from customers, Travel Agents and Suppliers are responded to in a timely fashion
- If required assist in taking incoming sales calls during peak booking periods
- Assist with the booking process for ancillaries
- Ensure Advance Passenger Information is collected where required for our 3rd party suppliers and our overseas offices
- Assist with the Customer Welfare process to ensure any customers requiring special assistance and requests are fulfilled correctly
- Assist with the booking of ocean and river cruises
- Assist with cross checks to ensure all bookings have been reported accurately
- Take the appropriate action on any world events causing operational issues to our customers as instructed by the Customer Care Manager
- Back up the Traveller Services team
- To work closely with the Aviation and Documentation teams to ensure the customer has the best possible holiday experience
- Work with the Traveller Services team to assist in any complaints and put in new processes to prevent further issues
- Ensuring Customer Care team is GDPR compliant
- Involved in the Europe Inventory process
The preferred candidate will hold experience within the travel industry or a similar Customer Service role.
The preferred candidate has noteworthy experience in the following areas:
- Proven ability in dealing directly with customers via the telephone
- A passion for providing an outstanding customer experience
- An excellent communicator who can liaise at all levels both internally and externally
- Outstanding attention to detail
- A highly organised individual who is able to run multiple processes and suggest improvements
- An ability to manage and prioritise a high workload within tight deadlines
- An ability to remain calm during pressurised work periods
- Highly proficient on a PC with strong working knowledge of word and excel
Key competencies required
The preferred candidate possesses the following competencies:
Customer Service Orientation
- Maintains clear communication with customers regarding mutual expectations in a professional manner
- Provides timely and helpful information to customers
- Strives to retain goodwill even when modifying or denying requests
- Treats customer with respect
- Follows through to closure
- Takes action when necessary
- Responsive, open to new ideas, positive, solution oriented
- Seeks win-win situations and presents options, especially in resolving conflicts
- Communicates clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing in a manner that inspires confidence
- Maintains positive nonverbal communication
- Shares information appropriately and is receptive to feedback and expression of ideas
- Perceives the needs of various audiences and can adjust appropriately
Teamwork & Collaboration
- Relates to others in an open and accepting manner
- Recognizes a wide range of communications styles and personality types and responds accordingly
- Cultivates and maintains professional relationships
- Collaborates with internal partners where appropriate
- Shares pertinent information to the benefit of their team
- Treats others with respect
- Contributes to achievement of team/departmental goals
- Provides back up and support to other team members as needed
- Fosters collaboration among team members.
- Works with the team and management to achieve individual, department and corporate goals
- Meets critical deadlines
- Demonstrates willingness, openness, persistence and initiative to achieve desired results
- Probes to get to the heart of the problem and takes action to achieve results
- Focuses priorities and manages time effectively
Standard of Ethics
- Conducts business in ways that instill trust, confidence and respect
- Utilizes fair process without bias
- Acts with discretion and good judgment while maintaining confidentiality
- Exercises the highest standard of ethics in all decisions that impact customers, vendors, suppliers and the organization
- Takes ownership of work and assigned processes/projects
Agility, Adaptability, and Flexibility
- Demonstrates resilience in the face of constraints, frustrations or adversity
- Displays willingness and flexibility in handling multiple demands, changing priorities and ongoing organizational needs
- Quickly and effectively evaluates and appropriately adjusts to a change in direction or situation
- Accepts change as a necessary and normal part of organizational growth
- Open to adopting new approaches and behaviors
- Handles day to day work challenges confidently
- Ability to work shifts and Saturdays
If you would like to apply for this role please send your CV and a covering letter including your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org