We now have an exciting opportunity within our IT department based in Bromley Kent, for the role of Server and Application Support.
Reporting directly to the IT Manager this role will help support the provision and development of an IT service to meet the needs of the Group ensuring that strategic objectives are delivered through IT strategies, policies and processes to optimise organisational effectiveness.
The successful candidate will need to be a team player, self-motivated, have a proven ability to work using their own initiative and be personable. To fit with our Company culture and the nature of the role you must be flexible, willing to assist your colleagues and be able to approach your role with a positive and cooperative attitude.
The Areas of Responsibility and Operational Duties are as follows:
• Oversee the effective support of a resilient and simplified IT network and infrastructure including the Voip telephony system.
• Manage and maintain the smooth operation of all servers and applications.
• Support the development of the key company reservation system (Travelbox) by liaising closely and maintaining a technical relationship with system developers (Codegen).
• Support the effective system security including Wan, Lan, Wifi, VPNs, GDPR and PCi compliance.
• Provide guidance and support to the IT manager on complex, sensitive and high-risk issues.
• Regularly review systems to confirm that they are effective in achieving their desired outcomes and put in place quality control mechanisms to monitor systems compliance and functionality.
• Help support the IT Network and Systems Infrastructure
• Cross-train where possible for additional service and business resilience
• Seek opportunities to improve ways of working and to consider innovative ways to review services to continuously deliver improvements and deliver value for money.
• Support colleagues via the Helpdesk system and 1-2-1 desktop support as 1st point of contact.
• Be available out-of-hours via on-call as a member of the IT Team.
• Manage system management and monitoring tools, identifying potential security and performance issues
• Patch management of the server infrastructure
Skills, Behaviours and Experience required for the role are:
• Extensive IT Experience at a senior level across a range of solutions and platforms including Windows server, VMware, SAN Storage, Backup Technologies (Veeam), File Servers, Office365, Microsoft 365, Domains, OU and Group Policies, Security policies and Procedures.
• Have an understanding of Firewalls, VPNs and WAN connectivity.
• Able to project manage a new solution from investigation through to implementation.
• Be able to communicate with a diverse group of Internal Clients with varying skill levels while also dealing with Technical 3rd parties for discovery, implementation and fault finding processes
• Ability to co-ordinate and deliver action aimed at achieving desired outcomes.
• Excellent communication skills, highly developed oral and written communication including documentation, plus presentation skills.
• Be resilient and able to work well under pressure, prioritise a diverse workload, work both reactively and pro-actively to deliver projects on time and within budget.
• Able to work on own initiative and have a flexible, creative and positive approach to work.
• Manage the calls logged within the Helpdesk system and support colleagues on a 1-2-1 basis.
Knowledge of some and/or all the following systems would be an advantage:
• Office 365 including Sharepoint
• Microsoft 365 and implementation of the security features including Intune
• VMware 5.5 and above
• ManageEngine Suite of products
• Veeam backup application
• Zerto replication software
• McAfee Seim products and configuration
• Rapid 7
• 8x8 Voip telephony system
• RDS setup and application distribution
• MSsql, ReportCube, Crystal Reports and Database Administration
• PCi, GDPR Policies and Procedures
If you would like to apply for this role please send your CV and a covering letter including your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org