Operated by ?
Total meals included:
Emmbarkation in Prague in the afternoon.
Notes about excursions listed for this vacation:(1) These excursions are part of the optional Excursion Package that can be purchased in advance on MyCosmos.
(2) These optional excursions are available for purchase once on board.
During the tour (1) through the Golden City of Prague, you will immerse yourself in the rich culture and diverse architecture of the Bohemian metropolis. Stroll across the world-famous Charles Bridge and admire the astronomical clock at the Old Town Hall. Before lunch it is time to “cast off”. Enjoy cruising along picturesque river bends and let yourself be enchanted by the landscape of the Vltava.
(1) Excursion - Guided City Tour of Prague. Your morning Prague guided excursion takes in the sights and sounds of the Golden City, including the Charles Bridge and the famous astronomical clock at the Old Town Hall.
Morning trip through the loops of the Vltava back to Prague. After lunch, free time or an excursion to visit a brewery (2) with beer tasting. During the evening tour (2) “Ghosts and Legends of the Old Town” through dark Prague, you will learn about exciting stories and curiosities.
(2) Excursion - Prague beer tasting. Visit a local brewery in Prague to participate in tasting some local varieties of beer.
(2) Excursion - Ghosts and Legends of the Old Town. Once night falls visit the Old Town of Prague to learn about all the mysterious stories, legends and ghosts from days gone by.
When visiting Prague, a visit (2) to Prague Castle, the political and cultural center of Prague, should of course not be missed. Then return on board and cruise leisurely along the beautiful river banks to Mělník.
(2) Excursion - Prague Castle. A visit to Prague Castle which is the largest ancient castle in the world. The castle was the seat of the President of Czechoslovak Republic & occupied by the Nazis during World War II.
The confluence of the Vltava and Elbe rivers and the mighty castle shape the image of Melnik. After a city tour (1) and a visit to the castle, there will be a wine tasting event. Then following lunch the journey on the Great Elbe to Litoměřice begins.
(1) Excursion, Mělnik City Sight Seeing CSS including castle visit and wine tasting. This city tour of Mělnik includes a visit to the town's castle, overlooking the town from a hilltop. The castle features grand rooms, a collection of 17th-century maps, a winery & scenic restaurant. This visit is then followed by wine tasting in a local establishment.
Walking tour (1) through the historical center of Litoměřice, one of the oldest cities in the Czech Republic. In the afternoon the ship sails through the famous scenic “Bohemian Gate”, the Elbe breakthrough, into the Bohemian Central Uplands.
(1) Excursion Litoměřice guided old town walking tour. One of the oldest Czech towns Litoměřice was established in the 10th century on the site of an early medieval fort. The area was settled by the Czech tribe of Litoměřici, after which the town was named.
Continue to the cultural city of Dresden, also known as Florence on the Elbe, which you will get to know during an included tour. The rebuilt Frauenkirche, the Semperoper and the Brühl'schen Terraces on the banks of the Elbe will inspire you.
Disembarkation after breakfast.
Unforgettable experiences await you on board the Grandhotel-style MS Thurgau Chopin. The comfortable cabins and the public areas furnished with great attention to detail immediately give rise to a feeling of well-being. Culinary delights await in the cosy panoramic restaurant, where tasty regional cuisine and international specialities are served delicately prepared. The enchanting landscapes can be enjoyed perfectly from the sun deck. In the evening, the salon with piano music invites you to a stylish end.
All cabins are outdoor cabins and stylishly furnished. On the upper deck, all cabins are equipped with large panoramic windows to the ground for opening (French balcony). The main deck cabins have windows that cannot be opened for safety reasons. The 2-bed cabins have a size of about 12m2, while the deluxe cabins are about 13m2 and the 1-bed cabins are about 9m2 in size. All cabins have individually controlled air conditioning, shower/WC, hairdryer, music channel, satellite TV, safe, minibar and telephone. The 2-bed cabins offer either a double bed (1.50m x 2.00m) with two mattresses or a sofa bed and an opposite fixed bed. The Deluxe Cabin 201 is equipped with a sofa bed and a fixed bed, while the Deluxe Cabin 202 has a double bed (1.50m x 2.00m) with two mattresses. The 1-bed cabins are equipped with a fixed lower sofa bed.
Our expert Tour Directors help you get the most out of every place you visit - and have a 96% customer satisfaction rating.
We’re delighted to have achieved the Good Housekeeping Reader Recommended endorsement for customer experience.
We are a member of ABTA and our flight-inclusive holidays are protected by ATOL. If your holiday is cancelled for any reason, you’ll receive a full refund.