Operated by ?
Total meals included:
Embarkation in Passau and then cast away!
Notes about excursions listed for this vacation:(1) These excursions are part of the optional Excursion Package that can be purchased in advance on MyCosmos.
(2) These optional excursions are available for purchase once on board.
Today begins with an excursion (1) to the Baroque Benedictine monastery of Melk Abbey, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Later as the ship arrives in Vienna, you will have the opportunity to take part in the (2) tour "Scary stories of Vienna" or alternatively have time at leisure.
(1) Excursion to the Benedictine monastery in Melk. After a short bus ride you arrive at the Benedictine monastery of Melk, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. On a guided tour you will discover more about the monastery towering high above the Danube. The abbey itself contains the tomb of Saint Coloman of Stockerau and the remains of several members of the House of Babenberg, Austria's first ruling dynasty.
(2) "Scary stories of Vienna". Experience Vienna from a completely different perspective on this excursion. As night falls in Vienna and the streams of tourists leave the city, mysterious stories are hidden around every corner. Get to know these stories on this excursion, but remember, behind every story there is also an element of truth!
Spend the day in Vienna. Enjoy time at leisure in the morning or alternatively join our (1) excursion introducing you to the most important sights of this imperial city such as St. Stephen's Cathedral, as well as experiencing the charm of the Viennese people. After lunch there is also the opportunity for an excursion (2) to the stunning Baroque Schönbrunn Palace with its vast gardens, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
(1) Excursion Vienna City Tour. Experience the exceptional sights of Vienna on this excursion. First drive through New Vienna with the Uno-City and the Danube Island. The journey takes you along the Ringstrasse, where you will pass the magnificent buildings of the State Opera, Parliament, Burgtheater, City Hall, University and Votive Church and venture into the heart of the city to St. Stephen's Cathedral. From St. Stephen's Cathedral you will take a leisurely one hour walk through the old town over the moat to Michaeliplatz (Hofburg), venture past the Riding School and Albertina onto Kärntnerstrasse. You will then have approximately half an hour of free time before the bus takes you back to the ship.
(2) Excursion to the Baroque Schönbrunn Palace. One of Austria's most important cultural monuments, Schönbrunn Palace is located to the west of Vienna's city center in the Hietzing district. This is an imperial palace complex with many annexes and a beautifully landscaped park. The entire complex is a listed building and was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1996. There are numerous fountains, statues and gardens in the publicly accessible castle park. Fun fact: The oldest zoo in the world is also located here.
Today your cruise takes you to Budapest, where you can either spend time at leisure or take part in our excursion (1) to see the capital city of Hungary with its imposing buildings along the banks of the Danube. In the afternoon there is an opportunity to participate in a sightseeing tour (2) through Budapest, travelling like a local on the subway and on a panoramic tram. Visit the market hall and St. Stephen's Basilica. As the day ends there is the chance to experience Budapest by night (2) with an illumination tour on the "Queen of the Danube" excursion boat.
(1) Excursion - Budapest City Sightseeing tour. You will first drive through the city center to Heroes' Square, where you can view the Millennium Monument with the Archangel Gabriel enthroned on the top. You will also have the opportunity to view other monuments of Hungarian kings. Back on the bus the journey continues to Gellertberg, where you can stop for photos and enjoy the unique view. Return to the ship.
(2) Excursion - Budapest walking tour. From the landing stage take a walk on the famous Váci utca promenade and receive interesting commentary regarding the buildings, history and architecture along the way. You will then travel a short distance on one of the oldest underground lines in the world and then walk to explore St. Stephen's Basilica. Take the panoramic tram to the market hall, where you will finally have some free time. From there, walk back to the ship.
(2) Excursion - Budapest by night. The excursion boat trip allows you to admire the beautiful scenery of the city along the Danube in the sea of lights. The beautiful buildings are illuminated on both banks. A glass of sparkling wine and entertainment by a gypsy band complete the excursion. After an almost two-hour journey, it's back to the ship.
Today spend time at leisure or participate in our excursion (1) to the Hungarian Puszta (countryside) with a demonstration of traditional Hungarian horsemanship. After lunch drive through the Danube Bend, also called Hungarian Wachau. Arrival in Esztergom in the evening for free time to explore.
(1) Excursion to Puszta. The drive to Lajosmizse in the direction of the Hungarian plains takes approximately an hour. Then a short carriage ride takes you across the wide prairie with a horse demonstration afterwards. During the demonstration you will discover Hungarian horse traditions, and the customs of the former Csikos, and learn why in the past the horse was a man's best friend. A small snack will be served in the Csarda.You will have an opportunity to buy Hungarian handicrafts, paprika products as well as wine and brandy in the local shop. From the Puszta, return to the ship in Budapest for lunch.
Spend the day at leisure in beautiful Bratislava or take part in our excursion,(1) a walking tour of Bratislava, with a drive to the imposing castle affording beautiful views of the Danube. Tour the historical old town with the famous St. Martin's Cathedral. In the afternoon you have the opportunity to join a (2) beer tasting excursion in the Old Town.
(1) Excursion Bratislava city tour. The coach tour begins at the port. Travel via the embassy quarter to Bratislava Castle, the city's landmark. There you will have a photo stop opportunity and can enjoy a wonderful panoramic view over the city. You then continue your journey to the old town where your driver will say goodbye. On the walk, of approximately one and a half hours through the old town of Bratislava, you will see the Redoute, the National Theater, the town hall and Baroque palaces. After tasting the famous Bratislava croissants, return to the ship on foot.
(2) Excursion - Beer tasting in the old town. Take a short walk to a brewery in the old town. After an introduction to Slovak beer, you will be served 3 types of beer to sample along with some snacks.
Your cruise today takes you to the quaint town of Dürnstein in the Wachau Valley. In the morning you can join the excursion (1) to visit the town, including a wine tasting opportunity. The town of Dürnstein is located directly on the Danube, and has an enchanting medieval town centre. In the afternoon enjoy idyllic cruising through the unique and beautiful Wachau valley.
(1) Dürnstein excursion with wine tasting. Dürnstein in the Wachau valley is probably one of the most famous wine producing towns in the area, and is also known for the blue collegiate church. During this tour you will get to know the beautifully situated town, offering a unique combination of breathtaking landscape, traditional architecture and historical sights. Complete the experience by tasting some delicious local wines.
Disembarkation after breakfast.
The MS Silence glides along the river with almost no noise and vibration. As a guest, you can benefit from this comfort. All cabins on the middle and upper deck have a French balcony and the glazed bow area offers a fantastic view in the large panorama salon.
The stylish and comfortably furnished cabins (approx. 13 m2) are equipped with shower/WC, TV/radio, telephone, safe and individually adjustable air conditioning. In the standard cabins, one bed can be folded to the wall during the day, the other becomes a comfortable sofa. The Superior cabins have a double bed. The cabins on the central and upper deck have French balconies, portholes that cannot be opened on the main deck.
Our expert Tour Directors help you get the most out of every place you visit - and have a 96% customer satisfaction rating.
We’re delighted to have achieved the Good Housekeeping Reader Recommended endorsement for customer experience.
We are a member of ABTA and our flight-inclusive holidays are protected by ATOL. If your holiday is cancelled for any reason, you’ll receive a full refund.