Historically, this is Western Europe’s most important waterway. Its springs are in the Swiss Alps and the river flows, among others, along the French-German border and through the Ruhr region, to end in the North Sea and the Wadden Sea. Many tributaries are found along the way. The Rhine has been heavily travelled and fished since ancient times, and its catchment area is still a major economic lifeline for Central and Western Europe today.
Complete your cruising experience by pre-purchasing the optional shore excursion package, offering exceptional value and only available for pre-purchase on “MyCosmos” up to 20 days prior to tour departure. It includes the following excursions:
- Strasbourg city sightseeing
- Lava Dome Museum visit in Mendig
- Rijksmuseum visit in Amsterdam (on departures March 26 and April 09 and 23 2022 a visit to Keukenhof gardens will be included instead)
- Visit of the UNESCO World Heritage site of Zeche Zollverein near Essen
- Koblenz city sightseeing including Ehrenbreitstein Fortress visit
- Excursion to Baden-Baden
The following shore excursions will be only available for purchase on board (and subject to availability):
- Amsterdam Canal Cruise
- Transfer to Düsseldorf for individual sightseeing
For excursion details, please see the day-by-day itinerary.