Operated by ?
Total meals included:
Embarkation in Basel from 15:00 hours.
Notes about excursions listed for this vacation:
(1) These excursions are part of the optional Excursion Package that can be purchased in advance on MyCosmos.
(2) These optional excursions are available for purchase once on board.
Today your cruise begins in Strasbourg where you can have time at leisure or participate in the (1) Strasbourg city tour. Discover the many facets of the European city such as the parliament, the old town with its half-timbered houses and the world-famous Gothic cathedral. Then the cruise continues onto Koblenz.
(1) Excursion, tour of Strasbourg. During the tour of the European capital, you will see the many features of this wonderful city. The trip leads through the European quarter with its international institutions, through the German quarter with its magnificent imperial palace, and along the Ill Canal to the old town. We continue with a walk to the world-famous Strasbourg Cathedral with it's unique astronomical clock and through the former tanners' quarter "Petite France" with its picturesque half-timbered houses. Among them, look out for the most famous one, the Maison Kammerzell, a richly decorated half-timbered building, to be found on the Münsterplatz.
Now we find ourselves in Koblenz. There is an opportunity to join the Koblenz excursion (1) to the Eifel mountain area, with a visit to the Lava Dome Volcano Museum in Mendig, where you will discover interesting facts about the history of volcanism and the geological formation of the region. Passengers taking the excursion will rejoin the cruiseship in Königswinter.
(1) Excursion to the Lava Dome volcano museum. A visit to the Volcano Museum in the Eifel gives insights into the fascinating world of volcanism and takes you on a journey through time into the history of the earth. You will experience spectacular multimedia volcanic eruptions and feel the breath of the volcanoes, without burning your fingers. Talking stones tell of four major volcanic eruptions of bygone times. The computer-animated show appeals to all senses and lets you immerse yourself in the original world of the Eifel volcanoes.
Today we arrive in the bustling city of Amsterdam. You can either spend time at leisure or, partake in the excursion (1) to the Rijksmuseum with its collection of masterpieces from the Dutch Golden Age. In the early evening there is an (2) optional excursion available, a romantic canal cruise.
(1) Visit to the Rijksmuseum. The excursion takes you to the Rijksmuseum with its wonderful exhibitions and stunning architecture. The great highlights of the Rijksmuseum consist of the work of the Golden Age of Dutch art from the 17th century and the collection of paintings by great artists such as Rembrandt, Vermeer and many others. Indulge in the world of classical art.
(2) Canal cruise Amsterdam. Did you know that Amsterdam has 165 canals, 1281 bridges, 70 tour boats, 8 wooden drawbridges, 2500 houseboats and 120 pedal boats? The canals are the narrow waterways that run through the entire city center of Amsterdam in several rings and are spanned by numerous bridges. The canal network of Amsterdam was mainly laid out in the 17th century to drain and defend the city and to transport goods to and from the warehouses and merchants' houses built directly on it.
Enjoy the amenities on board during the morning trip to Duisburg. In the afternoon, there is an excursion (1) available from Duisburg to Essen to the Zeche Zollverein Coal Mine Industrial Complex, a World Heritage Site representative of the development of traditional heavy industries in Europe. Alternatively you can (2) purchase a transfer to Düsseldorf for time at leisure. In the meantime, the ship continues to Düsseldorf.
(1) Excursion to the Ruhr area and Zeche Zollverein. On the way to the Zeche Zollverein you will discover interesting facts about the Ruhr area. The Zeche Zollverein was an active hard coal mine in Essen from 1851 to 1986. It has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2001 and is now an architectural and industrial monument. It is considered a center for cultural and creative industries with a focus on design and architecture.
(2) Transfer to Düsseldorf. Transfer from Duisburg to Düsseldorf for individual sightseeing. Board the ship again in Düsseldorf
Arrival in Koblenz in the morning. Discover the city center at leisure, or take the opportunity to join the (1) Koblenz sightseeing tour, where you will unearth a lot of interesting facts about the city. Take the cable car to explore the Ehrenbreitstein Fortress. In the afternoon, while cruising along the “Romantic Rhine”, listen to a local explaining the unique cultural landscapes.
(1) Excursion to Koblenz with a visit to Ehrenbreitstein Fortress. The tour through Koblenz opens up hidden places and tells the stories of the town. In particular, the romantic streets between the Basilica of St. Castor and the Church of Our Lady which are popular with tourists. You cannot miss the monument in honor of Kaiser Wilhelm, who brought about the complete unification of the German Empire in the 19th century. After the tour, take the cable car to the Ehrenbreitstein Fortress. After a brief orientation tour you can explore the fortress on your own.
Today there is the opportunity to join an excursion from Plittersdorf to (1) Baden-Baden. The spa and art city delights with its atmosphere, magnificent mansions and dreamlike parks.
(1) Excursion to Baden-Baden. The city is a world-famous spa town and is known today primarily as a mineral spa, holiday resort, media and art town and international festival town. The Romans used the hot thermal springs here. After the city tour and some free time, return to the ship in Kehl .
Disembarkation after breakfast.
MS Edelweiss was built in 2013. With 90 cabins for up to 180 passengers, the 4-star cruise liner promises a luxurious experience. Ship's impressive atrium welcomes guests onboard. The decor of Edelweiss is characterized by modern design.
All cabins are located outside, are comfortable and luxuriously furnished. On the upper and middle deck with French balcony (glass sliding doors), on the main deck, the smaller windows are not open for safety reasons.
All cabins are equipped with shower/WC, hairdryer, flat screen TV, radio, refrigerator, safe, hairdryer, house telephone and air conditioning.
Our expert Tour Directors help you get the most out of every place you visit - and have a 96% customer satisfaction rating.
We’re delighted to have achieved the Good Housekeeping Reader Recommended endorsement for customer experience.
We are a member of ABTA and our flight-inclusive holidays are protected by ATOL. If your holiday is cancelled for any reason, you’ll receive a full refund.